- All client details, case notes and correspondence will be stored securely and treated confidentially according to General Data Protection Regulations and the Data Protection Act 1988.
- Information is stored on a secure electronic system called “WriteUpp”. Reports and programmes are password protected.
- Any paper based confidential information is stored securely in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations and the Data Protection Act 1988.
- In accordance with law, all records will be kept securely until your child is 25 years old. After this time all records relating to your child will be destroyed.
- You may apply in writing to access an electronic copy of your child’s notes or to request modifications of any inaccuracies. These requests will be dealt with within 30 days.
- Service users may see my DBS enhanced disclosure at any time.
- In the event of a safeguarding concern, where your child or another person is at risk of harm, I have a legal obligation to share that information with relevant professionals in line with the
Safeguarding Children's Act 2004.
Liaison with other professionals
- To offer the best service to your child it is often important for me to liaise with other professionals involved in their care.
- This includes people such as NHS Speech and Language Therapists, school/pre-school staff, your GP or other medical/educational staff.